According to the latest report, the European Cross-Laminated Timber market was around US$ 446.5 Million in 2017, growing at a CAGR of 15% during 2010-2017. The report further anticipates the market to reach a value of US$ 824.3 Million by 2023. Cross-laminated timber, also known as mass timber, is a prefabricated engineered wood product which consists of several layers of dried lumber boards stacked in alternating directions. It is easier to assemble and more fire-resistant, sustainable, and cost-effective than conventional building materials. Since its invention, cross-laminated timber has been widely used in the construction sector for various household and industrial applications.
Browse full report with detailed TOC and list of figures and tables: https://www.imarcgroup.com/european-cross-laminated-timber-market
European Cross-Laminated Timber Market Drivers/Constraints:
- Cross-laminated timber consists of multi layers of stacked lumber boards bonded with structural adhesive which are easy to install and have superior seismic, fire and thermal performance, design flexibility, structural stability, rigidity, etc. These factors have facilitated the use of cross-laminated timber for various construction applications.
- Since carbon is stored within the solid timber panels, cross laminated timber is being used in constructing buildings in lieu of traditional building material so as to reduce the CO2 emission. This acts as another factor driving the demand for cross-laminated timber in Europe.
- The support provided by the governments of various European countries for the adoption of green building materials has provided a positive thrust to the cross-laminated timber market in the region.
- The strict rules and regulations regarding the manufacturing and use of cross laminated timber restricts its adoption by the end-users. Some of the other factors affecting the market growth are high maintenance costs, poor acoustic performance and the stringent transportation regulations in many countries.
Performance of Major Countries
5. Czech Republic
9. United Kingdom
Market by Application
2. Educational Institutes
3. Government/Public Buildings
4. Commercial Spaces
Market by Product Type
1. Custom CLT
2. Blank CLT
Market by Element Type
1. Wall Panels
2. Flooring Panels
3. Roofing Slabs
Market by Raw Material Type
Market by Bonding Method
1. Adhesive Bonded
2. Mechanically Fastened
Market by Panel Layers
Market by Adhesive Type
1. PUR (Polyurethane)
2. PRF (Phenol Resorcinol Formaldehyde)
3. MUF (Melamine-Urea-Formaldehyde)
Market by Press Type
1. Hydraulic Press
2. Vacuum Press
3. Pneumatic Press
Market by Storey Class
1. Low-Rise Buildings (1-4 Storeys)
2. Mid-Rise Buildings (5-10 Storeys)
3. High-Rise Buildings (More than 10 Storeys)
Market by Application Type
1. Structural Applications
2. Non-Structural Applications
Get a PDF Sample for more detailed market insights: https://www.imarcgroup.com/european-cross-laminated-timber-market/requestsample
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Contact US: IMARC Group
309 2nd St, Brooklyn, NY 11215, USA
Email: [email protected]
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal
This post was originally published on Stock Markets News